What is GATE 2018?
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. As the name suggests, the exam is to test the skills and understanding of the candidate in the field of Engineering and science. The exam is conducted by Conducted jointly by IISc and 7 IITs on behalf of the National Co-ordination Board. The score of GATE is used for various post graduate admissions. Institutes like the Nanyang Technological University of Singapore also consider GATE score. Many Indian public sector undertakings are considering GATE score while recruiting graduate students. (Also Read: Gate 2018 Notifications)
GATE 2018 Important Dates – Application Form, Exam, Result Dates
The complete schedule of GATE 2018 has been announced. Check out the dates of GATE Application Form, GATE 2018 Exam Date, GATE Result Date.
Nearby Date – Online Application Forms will be available from 1st of September 2017
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st September 2017|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||5th October 2017|
|Last Date to request for change in examination city||17th November 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||5th January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam Date||3rd, 4th & 10th, 11th February 2018|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of March 2018|
|Downloading of Score Card Begins||Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018|
|Counselling Commence||Second week of April 2018|
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Be sure that you meet all the needs of eligibility criteria before filling up the forms for GATE 2018.
Educational Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a bachelor’s degree holder in Technology, Architecture or Engineering or must be in the final year of these mentioned courses. The student needs to fulfil educational qualifications such as 4 years after 10+2 or should be Post B.Sc or Post Diploma.
- Even students pursuing the final year of Masters degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or Masters degree holders can apply for GATE 2018.
- If the student is pursuing 4-year integrated Master’s degree program, he/she needs to be in second or higher year in order to be eligible of GATE 2018 exam.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
Popular: Gate 2018 Syllabus & Paper pattern
GATE 2018 Login & Registration For Application Form
If the candidate meets all the eligibility criteria, he/she can apply for the upcoming GATE Exam. To appear for GATE 2018, the candidate must fill up the GATE 2018 Application Form. As we mentioned earlier that application form for GATE 2018 will be available from 1st September. Here is the complete guide of how to apply for GATE 2018 Application Form.
- Candidates who wish to appear for GATE 2018 need to fill up the online form which is going to be available from 1st September 2017.
- Visit the official website of GATE 2018: http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
- Candidates need to register as a “New User” on the official website mentioned above
- For registration process, the student needs to enter an email address, mobile number and GOAPS password. After entering all details, do click “Submit”.
- Once Registered, the applicant needs to click on “Edit Application Form”.
- Enter the details regarding the GATE 2018 Exam centres.
- After submitting the exam centre preference, do fill up all the personal information which includes date of birth, family details etc.
- Once done with personal details, the candidate must declare his/her educational qualifications.
- Enter the address details along with the address proof document. The document can be PAN Card, Aadhar Card or any other document where the address is mentioned.
- After completing the required details comes the most important part. The candidate must upload his/her scanned images (photograph, signature, thumb impression, degree certificate).
- The scanned photograph of the candidate must be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- The scanned signature of the candidate must between 80 x 280 and 160 x 560 pixels. The document must be in JPG/JPEG format. Similar size and file format is applicable for thumb impression as well.
- After submitting scan copies, just make the payment which will complete the application process. The payment process can be done through Netbanking, Credit Card or debit card. The registration fee for GATE 2018 is as follows:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
This will end the application process and students can start preparing for the GATE 2018 exam. Best of luck to all!