JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria – Qualification, Age Limit, Attempts For Candidate – JEE Main is one of the most discussed and popular engineering exams in India. The students who wish to pursue B.Arch/BE/B.Tech needs to appear for JEE Main. The exam grants the candidate the permission to top notch colleges like IITs and NITs. But to apply for these colleges, the candidate must score good marks and should have good All India Rank (AIR). JEE Mains has two papers – Paper 1 & Paper 2. BE and B.Tech admissions will be determined on the marks secured in Paper 1 while Paper 2 will determine BArch admissions. We hope you have seen the JEE Main Cutoff which is required to qualify for JEE Advance.
JEE Main Exam Dates & Time Table
JEE Main exams are important for the candidates who wish to study engineering. The JEE Main exams are usually after the HSC exams. Within few days after the 12th-grade exams, JEE Mains is scheduled. The candidates have very less period between two exams so the candidates look for JEE Main 2018 time table. It is important to know the JEE Main 2018 exam dates well in advance. So here we are sharing the important dates related to JEE Main 2018.
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|JEE Main 2018 Notification Release Date||3rd week of November 2017|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st week of December 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of December 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of January 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of March 2018|
|Examination Date for offline exam(Pen & Paper Based Test)||1st week of April 2018|
|Examination Date for online exam (Computer Based Test)||2nd week of April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of April 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria (Qualification, Age Limit, Maximum Attempts)
There are various factors which student is required to fulfill in order to qualify for the JEE Main Exam. This includes Age Criteria, Qualification and maximum attempts per candidate. So if the candidate fails to fulfill the criteria, he/she cannot appear for JEE Mains. Here we are sharing the eligibility criteria for JEE Main:
- Candidates born on or after 1st October 1993 are eligible to appear for JEE Main examination.
- For reserved category (SC/ST & PWD) relaxation period of 5 years is provided.
- This means the candidate who falls in the above-mentioned category should be born on or after 1st October 1988.
- Date of Birth mentioned on the 12th-grade certificate will be considered.
- It is mandatory for the candidate must pass the 12th examination with 5 subjects in order to be eligible for JEE Main 2018.
- The qualifying examination must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- There is no qualifying marks criteria to appear for JEE Main. The minimum marks the candidate needs are the passing marks.
- The candidates who have appeared & passed HSC exam in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible for JEE main. The candidates who will appear for 2018 HSC Exam can also appear for JEE Main 2018.
- Diploma students can also apply for JEE Main 2018. But these students are eligible for IIT admissions only. In short, Diploma holders cannot apply for engineering with JEE Main score but need to appear for JEE Advance exam.
Maximum Number of Attempts
For various exams, the board has set a limit for a maximum number of attempts. For JEE Main, the candidate has total 3 attempts for clearing the exam. The attempts will be counted from 2017 onwards. JEE advance can be attempted twice in 2 consecutive years.
Eligibility For Admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs:
For the candidate to be eligible for NITs, IITs & CGTIs, the candidate should secure 75% marks in the 12th examination or must be in the top 20 percentile of their respective board. The qualifying marks for reserved category is 65%.