NEET 2018 Exam Dates, Time Table, Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Attempts For Candidate – NEET is an acronym for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is an entrance exam for a candidate who wishes to pursue medical graduation or post graduation courses. NEET Exam replaced the AIPMT – All India Pre Medical Test and all the individual entrance exams of medical colleges. NEET exam was proposed in 2013 but went through various oppositions. But today, if a candidate dreams of being MBBS/BDS/MD/MS, he or she must appear for NEET exam. NEET is a competitive exam and requires a good preparation in order to get good marks as well as rank. We have already shared the complete NEET 2018 Syllabus & Paper Pattern with you all. The NEET 2018 Application Form process will begin soon. We have also shared how to apply for NEET 2018 Application Form. Now here we are discussing the NEET 2018 Exam Dates & exact eligibility criteria.
NEET 2018 Exam Dates, Time Table (Important Dates)
NEET is one of the most discussed examinations in India due to the various controversies. For past exams, there has been a lot of confusion regarding the dates of NEET 2018. Many students get confused and stressed due to such stuff. So here we are sharing NEET 2018 Exam Dates.
Also Read: NEET 2018 Notification
|NEET 2018 Events||Dates (Tentative)
|Release of NEET UG 2018 Notification||2017 December 2nd Week|
|Bulletin of NEET 2018 upload on Website (www.cbseneet.nic.in)||2nd Week of December 2017|
|Online Application Form Release Date||2017 December 3rd Week|
|Last date to register for NEET 2018 application form||2018 January 3rd week|
|NEET Application Form Correction Windows OPENS||2018 February 1st Week|
|Admit card available online to download||2018 April 3rd Week|
|NEET 2018 Entrance exam date||1st Sunday 2018 (6-05-2018)|
|Result declaration date||2018 June 1st week|
|Counselling starts on||2018 June 3rd week|
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria (Nationality, Age Limit, Qualification, Attempts)
To appear for a certain exam, the candidate must fulfill eligibility criteria. The below-mentioned Eligibility criteria are assigned by CBSE Board. All are advised to check their eligibility criteria before applying for NEET 2018 Application Form.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates can also apply for NEET 2018 exam.
- Candidates from AP/Telangana/J&K are eligible for All India 15% quota only.
- For Indian candidate, having an Aadhar Card/Number is mandatory.
Related Content: NEET 2018 News Update
- The minimum age requirement for a candidate is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The maximum age limit for appearing for NEET 2018 is 25 years.
- For reserved category candidates, 30 years is the maximum age limit.
- Candidate must have qualified 12th grade or equivalent exam.
- The candidate appearing for NEET must have appeared for PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) with English as the compulsory subject.
- In order to qualify for NEET 2018, the candidate must secure 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC in PCB group.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Can OCI candidate apply and appear for NEET 2018?
A: Yes, Overseas Citizen of India can apply for NEET 2018. Do fill the form and appear for NEET 2018.
Q: Is there any minimum age limit to apply for NEET 2018?
A: Well, as we discussed above, the candidate must be of 17 years while he/she appears for the exam. Just like it has the minimum age limit, 25 years is the maximum age limit for the candidate.
Q: Will my NEET 2018 score be eligible if I secure fewer marks in PCB group?
A: The board has set a qualification criterion in which securing 50% in PCB group is must for open category. For reservation category, the criteria range from 40-45%.
Q: I am appearing for the 12th exam this year, can I appear for NEET 2018 now?
A: Yes, the students who will appear for HSC exams in 2018 February/March can apply for NEET 2018.