What is JEE Main?
For most of the students, the education motto is to be an engineer. Well, if you have seriously decided to become an engineer, Joint Entrance Examination is something which you need to attempt. JEE exam offers students admission to various engineering colleges in India. The exam is conducted in two steps – JEE Main & JEE Advance. JEE Advance exam is Internationally regarded as one of the most challenging exams for an undergraduate candidate. Earlier, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) used to conduct AIEEE and IIT-JEE (JEE Exam granted candidate admission to IITs & NITs & BITs). But since last few years, JEE Main has replaced AIEEE while JEE Advance has replaced JEE-IIT. Only a few students selected from JEE Main merit list are allowed to appear for JEE Advance exam.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Well, before filling up the examination form do check out if you meet all the eligibility criteria which are required to appear for JEE Main exam. So have a look at the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria.
Educational Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed the 12th or equivalent exam in 2016 or 2017 with five subjects from any recognized educational boards of India.
- Even students appearing for 12th Exam are eligible to fill up the application form and appear for JEE Main exam.
- Students who appear for JEE Main must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) group as his/her core subjects in 11th & 12th Exam.
- There are no minimum marks required for qualifying for JEE Main exam. But for admission in IITs, NITs student must secure 75% marks or be in top 20 percentile.
- Candidate born on or after 1st October 1993 can apply for JEE Main.
- Only three attempts are allowed for any candidate.
Also Read: JEE Main 2018 Notifications
JEE Main 2018 Login & Registration (Step by Step Guide)
The students who wish to become an Engineer need to fill up the JEE Main examination form. Before filling up the form, make sure that you are meeting all the requirements of JEE Main Eligibility criteria. Also do read the guidelines given on the official website of JEE.
Also Read: JEE Main 2018 Paper Pattern
Here we are sharing a step by step guide of how you can log in to JEE Main.
- To apply for JEE Main 2018, visit the official website: http://jeemain.nic.in
- Search for the link “Apply for JEE Main 2018“.
- The official website has given and mentioned some guidelines. Do read them carefully before clicking on “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- Fill all the necessary details and submit the Authentication form.
- Once you submit the Authentication form, JEE Main 2018 Application Form will be available for the candidate.
- Fill all the necessary details which include personal details, exam & academic related info & submit it.
- Recheck the details entered before submitting them.
- Upload the Scanned Images of all the necessary documents.
- Once done with all the form filling work, complete the payment transaction. The Payment can be done using Debit/Credit Card or Net banking.
- Once payment is made, wait for the confirmation message.
- Click on the link related to “Print Acknowledgment Page” and take the printout of it.
- Candidates are advised to preserve the application form for further use.